Who Are We?
Protectedforlife.co.uk is a trading name of Money Tree Media Ltd, who are registered in England and Wales (Company number 09153411), Registered Office; Business Box 3 Oswin Road, Brailsford Industrial Estate, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 1HR. Licensed by the Information Commissioners Office, (registration number ZA068562).
Protectedforlife.co.uk are aware how important your privacy is, based on this we have implemented measures which will ensure any personal information that is obtained from you by visiting our website will be processed and maintained in line with accepted principles of good information handling and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Contained within this statement and set out below are details of the type of information that we at Protectedforlife.co.uk may hold about you our customer, also how we obtain and process any information we may have and importantly how we protect your privacy.
How We May Contact You As Part Of Your Life Insurance Application
We, and our panel of FCA regulated life insurance firms, will keep you informed with the progress of your application. Unless you state otherwise you may be contacted via telephone, email, post, SMS and automated message. (see further section on 'How we keep you informed')
Lawful basis for collecting your personal data
We process your personal data on different basis, according to the reason for which you have provided your data to us. When you are browsing the Website, we process your data on the basis that you have given your consent to such processing by accessing the Website (non-sensitive information, for example; IP address). When you have submitted your details within our form (‘solutions enquiry’) to receive life cover advice from one of our FCA regulated partners, we process the personal data you have submitted to us on the basis that you have provided us with legitimate interest in processing your data (i.e. to put you in contact with a life cover advisor who may offer you their advice).
You can withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" option in any marketing SMS, email we, or any associated third party, send to you. Alternatively, you can withdraw your consent by contacting the contact details stated in section 15 / 16. If you change your mind about agreeing to us processing your personal data, this will not have any effect on the lawfulness of any processing we have carried out before you change your mind.
How We Keep You Informed
We may want to make contact with you at some point in order to keep you informed regarding services which we think you may find of interest, this contact will be made via telephone, email, SMS, automated messages. Third parties may also wish to contact you from the information we have shared with them, any information that is shared to third parties is completely trusted for the purpose it is specified for, third parties may also use the same means of contact stated above.
Obtaining Your Personal Data/Information
- The personal information/data that we would normally collect from you is as follows:
- Date of Birth
- Smoking Yes/No
- Residential Address
- Telephone Contact 1 & 2
- Critical Illness Quote Required Yes/No
- Amount of Cover Required
- Length of Cover Required
- Single or Joint Application
- Email Address
If you register with us and have a question about our services, or alternatively choose to send an email to compliance@Protectedforlife.co.uk we may also collect the above personal information/data in this instance in order for us to respond to your enquiry.
Unless the customer states otherwise we will contact the customer via means of telephone, SMS and email to provide information and alerts relating to our services and our associate companies. We may also receive personal information/data from third parties, which enables us to offer Identified potential customers products, and services who have expressed interest in our products and services. Any information/data obtained from third parties is checked in regards to accuracy and we will endeavour to check your information with you on occasion.
Ensuring your personal details & or preferences are kept up to date.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information we have on record for you is kept up to date and correct. If you do require any of your information to be updated then please contact us as soon as possible so we can ensure it is corrected.
If you require your preferences to be updated then please contact our Compliance Manager as soon as possible (details set out below within 'Contact' page).
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us when applying for life insurance quotations. In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Sites, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Sites, changes you make to information you supply to us, details of your applications.
We will store the information you provide and may use it to pre-populate fields on the Sites and to make it easier for you to use the Sites when making return visits.
We may monitor or record your Calls, Emails, SMS or other communications but we will do so in accordance with data protection legislation and other applicable law. Monitoring or recording will always be for business purposes, such as for quality control and training (e.g. where you call our compliance or customer service department), to prevent unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and Sites, to ensure effective systems operation, to meet any legal obligation and/or to prevent or detect crime.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information:
- to enable you to access and usethe Services;
- to personalise and improveaspects of our Services;
- for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
- to communicatewith you, including some or all of the following:
- sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you- this may include new product launches such as newsletters and opportunities to participate in market research;
- in order to provide this service to you, we may also send that information to our partners such as our panel FCA regulated life cover advisors. When they do this, our partners may carry out a credit check on you, but only with your permission (see section 9 Who do we share your information with?below for further information on the type of checks that may be undertaken);
- to process an applicationbetween you and a third party such as a Life insurance quotations provider;
- to match our data with data from other sources- we may validate and analyse your information and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party to ensure that the information we hold about you is as accurate, consistent and as well-organised as possible. As well as ensuring that any marketing material that we send you is appropriate to your needs, this process also ensures that our Services continue to be as personalised and focused as possible;
- to potentially pass on your data to third partiesfor marketing purposes as per section 5 where you have consented to do so.
Keeping you informed about the Services: You agree that we and, with your consent, other trusted third parties will be entitled to contact you (depending on your contact preferences) via email, post, telephone, SMS, or by other electronic means such as via social and digital media, in relation to products, services and other offers that may interest you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, where necessary we will seek your consent and/or we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to the use and sharing of your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such use.
When you complete an application, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Life insurance quotation providers as detailed below.
- Trusted third parties but only where you have opted in to allow us to do so and where we believe their products, services or other offers may interest you
| Life insurance quotations Providers:
(Companies who may provide both free information and chargeable services in relation to offering life insurance services).
- our channel operators: whilst the majority of the channels on our Sites are run by us, some of our channels are designed and maintained for us by our third party service providers. We may receive your personal information from these service providers and use it in accordance with section 4 above. We will only use the personal information we receive from third parties where the relevant third party can show that it was collected and processed with your consent;
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account:
- if required or permitted to do so by law;
- if required to do so by any court, any applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES (FPA'S)
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided, including in relation to a person's identity, and fraud is suspected, details, including personal data may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
Your details may be passed to statutory bodies, regulators, legal bodies, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention entities and identity and address verification agencies who may record and use your details. They may also disclose your information to other organisations for credit reference and fraud and money laundering prevention purposes. If you have any queries regarding these uses, please contact the relevant organisation.
By submitting an application form on our site, you confirm that all of the information provided is true and accurate. You also, when applying, authorise the life cover advisor to use both fraud prevention and credit referencing agencies to help make relevant decisions.
Credit checks and credit reference agencies can also help prevent fraudulent applications.
What Is A Fraud Prevention Agency?
Fraud Prevention agencies collect, maintain and share information on any known or suspected fraudulent activity.
They work in the following ways with various organisations:
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to Fraud Prevention Agencies
- Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- FPA’s along with ourselves and other organisations, may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on application s for credit and credit-related accounts, or other, facilities;
- Managing credit and credit-related accounts or other facilities;
- Recovering debt;
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; and,
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
- We, and other organisations may also access and use the information recorded by FPAs from other countries.
Some of our providers will use your personal information to assess your circumstances and verify the information that you have provided before providing a quote to you. Some providers may carry out checks with fraud prevention and credit reference agencies. Both public data (e.g. the electoral roll) and private data (e.g. your personal credit history) may be checked in this way. Some providers may carry out checks against data they already hold on you, (or is held by the company whose brand they administer the product for, or members of their group of companies) such as data from existing products, account data, data from previous product transactions, accounts you may hold with them or loyalty scheme. If providers carry out these searches, a record of the search will appear on your credit report. Some providers may also check public and private higher education sources to obtain information about your educational background.
This information exchange allows providers to verify the information that is provided during the quote process (including information about any third party who is named on the policy), and also helps to detect fraudulent applications. These checks are not unique to users of our Services - they may also be carried out if you obtain quotes from other sources.
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on the Sites;
- understand the number of visitors to the Sites and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to the Sites so we can provide you with access to previously saved quotes.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser or mobile application - these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer or device either until you delete them or they expire.
How Secure Is Our Site And What Steps Do We Take To Keep Your Personal Information Safe?
Our Sites are "Let's Encrypt Secure Websites" and keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Sensitive information, for example, your card details, is encrypted to minimise the risk of interception during transit.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can't guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. By using our Sites you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Where will your personal data be held?
Your personal data may be held within the European Economic Area (EEA) or outside the EEA. If any personal data is transferred or stored outside of the EEA, we check whether the EU Commission has determined that it will afforded the same level of protection as it would within the EEA (this is called an adequacy decision). If it will not, we will ensure any such transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards (for example by putting appropriate contractual provisions in place with relevant third parties to provide us with reassurance about the security of your personal data) or is otherwise permitted (for example with your express consent to transfer) in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR.
Rights of Access To Your Personal Information
You have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulations . For example, we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if you request it from us in writing.
In order to ensure the Services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the Sites. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the Sites.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on the Sites is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
You have a right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, you can also request to have incomplete personal data completed (Right to rectification).
We will process your request within one month from date of receipt. If you wish to make any changes please contact our Customer Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Long Will We Retain Your Personal Information For?
The amount of time we retain your information for will depend on the reason it was provided:
- If you request to opt out of marketing, we will still need to retain your information in order to evidence your preferences.
- We will need to retain, for a minimum period of 6 years, any information relating to applications you have entered into on our website. This period will commence once your relationship with us has ended. We need to keep your information for this length of time to assist with any potential future complaints.
- Your information/data will not be used for marketing purposes once 12 months has passed following your application.
If you require further information on our data retention policies please email: email@example.com
Your Right To Opt Out of Future Contact From Us
You can opt out of future contact from Protectedforlife.co.uk at any time. All of our marketing messages provide an opt out link – please allow up to 48 hours for us to process your opt out request. Alternatively you can enter your details via email compliance@Protectedforlife.co.uk where your details will be removed from any future marketing campaigns.
Your Right to be Forgotten / Erasure Of Your Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), all individuals have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data (the right to be forgotten) under the following circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws consent.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
There are some circumstances where the right “to be forgotten” does not apply i.e. where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
If you wish to request your “right to be forgotten” please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our marketing partners will also be informed of your request
How to make a complaint
Protected For Life always aim to be fair and honest in everything we do, so if you have a complaint about any aspect of our service we're keen to resolve it as quickly as possible. You can contact us is any of the following ways:
Complaints Department, Money Tree Media Ltd, 3 Oswin Road, Leicester, LE3 1HR
By Email: email@example.com
We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 3 working days and we hope to provide a final response within 4 weeks. We will write to you again within 4 weeks if we are unable to provide a final response within that time period. In any event we will respond to your complaint in full within 8 weeks.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to -
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510
Last updated June 2018