1. These Terms explain how you may use this website (‘the Site’), which is provided by us free of charge.
2. References in these Terms to the Site includes the following websites and all associated subdomains and web pages:
3. You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site.
4. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent,
you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and policies referred to in them.
6. If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us by:
e-mail: [email protected]
means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content,
software or other information or material submitted to or on the Site;
means these terms and conditions of use as updated from time to time;
Intellectual property rights
means rights such as copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world);
has the meaning given to it in the section entitled “Submitting information to the site”;
means the policy https://www.protectedforlife.co.uk/privacy-policy/, which governs how we process any personal data collected from you;
has the meaning given to it in clause 1.1;
We, us or our
means Money Tree Media Ltd (company registration number 09153411) the registered office of which is at:
3 Oswin Road
References to us in these Terms also include any group companies which we may have from time to time.
You or your
means the person accessing or using the Site or its Content.
means a 3rd party entity who is appropriately regulated to provide financial advice in relation to your online enquiry.
Information Commissioner’s Office DPA no.ZA068562
(hereafter our “Regulators”)
9. Your use of the Site means that you must also comply (where applicable) with:
Our site is free for You to use in adherence to the Terms outlined herein.
If you successfully submit your application via our site, your personal information will be passed to a selected service provider who may provide you with several no-obligation life insurance quotations.
You will not be charged for using any of the features on our site nor will you be a charge for submitting your application. Therefore we may receive a commission from one of our service providers for introducing you to them.
Using the Site
2. You may not use any “page-scraper”, “robot”, “spider”, “deep-link” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, copy, acquire, or monitor any part of the Site, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site.
3. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site or to any of our servers, or to any of the services offered on or through the Site, by password “mining”, hacking or any other illegitimate means.
4. You may not scan, probe or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Site, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Site or any network connected to the Site.
5. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Site, or any other customer of ours, to its source, or exploit the Site or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Site, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Site.
6. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Site.
7. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction being conducted on the Site, or with any other person’s use of the Site.
8. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us on or through the Site or any service offered on or through the Site. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
10. The Site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
11. You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to any 3rd party agreements you consensually enter into such as an Insolvency Practitioners fees.
12. Our services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to use our services.
13. The services offered on this Site are completely free to use you and we do not charge you whatsoever. However we may receive a commission from our selected partners for referring you to them.
14. You are under no obligation to use our, nor our selected partners services by using this Site
15. A list of our selected partners can be found here: https://www.protectedforlife.co.uk/privacy-policy/#9
16. We seek to make the Site as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the Site, please contact us at: [email protected]
17. We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
1 This Site and all intellectual property rights in it, including but not limited to any Content, are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable). We and our licensors reserve all of our and their rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms. This means, for example, that we and they remain owners of them and free to use them as we and they see fit.
2 Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to lawfully access the Site as intended and authorized by us. You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
Submitting information to the Site
1.While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transferred or potentially intercepted over the internet. We therefore cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not submit any information that you regard as sensitive information or valuable (Unwanted Submissions) to the Site. While we value your feedback, you agree not to submit any Unwanted Submissions.
2. We may use any Unwanted Submissions as we see reasonably fit in relation to servicing your online enquiry (bear in mind that we have no way of knowing whether such information is confidential or valuable because we do not monitor the Site to check for these specific matters). Therefore, we will not be legally responsible for keeping any Unwanted Submissions confidential nor will we be legally responsible to you or anybody else for any use of such Unwanted Submissions.
Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
1. While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot guarantee that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on this Site is at your own risk.
2. We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
3. Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us, news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
4. While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the Site.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
Limitation on our liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any losses or incorrect financial advice provided by the referred regulated 3rd party. This exclusion shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) losses that:
i. were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed; or
ii. that were not caused by any breach on our part
(b) business losses; and
(c) losses to non-consumers.
Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of data created when you visit a website, and contain a unique, identification number. Some cookies are stored in the cookie directory of your hard drive, and do not expire at the end of your session. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user.
Cookies have a lifetime. Many only last until you close your browser or for a short time. These are called ‘session cookies’. Some last far longer though, for example, to enable a website to recognise you when you return to them. These are called ‘persistent cookies’. Where possible, we’ll let you know how long these cookies last for.
Cookies set directly by a website owner (like us) are generally known as ‘first party cookies’. Many (if not most) modern websites also use bits of hidden technology provided by other parties. Online advertising is a particularly common example. These other parties may also set cookies when you use our website. If they do so, their cookies are generally known as ‘third party cookies’.
There are some other computer technologies which are technically different to cookies but are used to perform very similar jobs and function in a very similar way. For example, ‘locally stored objects'(or ‘flash cookies’) are used to power some online video content, and ‘web bugs'(or ‘web beacons’) are used for many of the same purposes as cookies. When we provide services to you through our website, we want to make them easy to use, useful and reliable. Cookies are used to improve services for you through, for example:
enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
First party cookies
These are cookies we set and that our website needs in order to function and if they are not accepted by you, parts of the site won’t be usable. Example would be for us to save a visitor filter selection from our homepage. These cookies may be used to enable us to identify a visitor’s current browsing session and allows our website to function as intended. These cookies can also let us know what web channel you used to find us, along with the keyword you used.
Third party cookies
We regularly review the cookies we use and which our suppliers use to keep them to the minimum we think we need. In doing so, we aim to respect your right to privacy in your online life, which is very important to us, but also ensure you have a good browsing experience and ensure we have enough of the right kind of information to improve our website and the services which we offer. During your visit to our website(s) you may notice some cookies that are not related to our website(s). This happens when you visit a page with content embedded from a third party or use some of the links to social networking websites (e.g. FaceBook). We love it when you share information through a social media network but when you do so, please be aware that, these websites may place cookies on your device. We do not control how a third party uses their cookies. You should check these third party websites’ privacy policies for more information about their cookies if you are concerned about this.
We use various software tools that allow us to study, and then improve, how customers interact with our website(s) – this is known as website analytics. Examples of analytical tools that we use are: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and User Replay.
Analytics cookies allow us to understand more about how many visitors we have to the website(s), how many times they visit us and how many times a user viewed specific webpages within our site. Although analytics cookies allow us to gather specific information about the pages that you visit and whether you have visited our site(s) multiple times, we cannot use them to find out details such as your name or address.
How you can manage cookies
All popular browsers (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Safari) allow you to amend your cookie settings so that cookies are no longer enabled across all websites that you visit. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies; https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
If you want any further information about our approach to cookies and similar technologies, our website in general or have any other privacy questions relating to us, we’d be happy to help you. Please write to us by post to Money Tree Media Ltd, 3 Oswin Road, Leicester, LE31HR
It is our promise that Money Tree Media Ltd will act in a fair, lawful, and honest manner in everything we do, and so if you have a complaint about any aspect of our service, we’re keen to resolve it as quickly as possible. You can contact us is any of the following ways:
Complaints Department, Money Tree Media Ltd, 3 Oswin Road, Leicester, LE3 1HR.
By Email: [email protected] (Usually The Fastest Method)
We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 3 working days and we hope to provide a final response within 8 weeks. We will write to you again within 4 weeks if we are unable to provide a final response within that time period. In any event we will respond to your complaint in full within 8 weeks.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to –
Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0800 023 4567
Web site: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
You can report any of your concerns to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510
European Online Dispute Resolution Platform in relation to your complaint you can also request a review from the European Online Resolution Platform: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
Subject Access Request
- You can obtain a copy of the Information we hold about You under the Data Protection Act.
- An individual who makes a written request is entitled to be:
i. Told whether any personal data is being processed;
ii. Given a description of the personal data, the reasons it is being processed, and whether it will be given to any other organisations or people;
iii. Given a copy of the information comprising the data; and given details of the source of the data (where this is available).
More information about Subject Access Request can be found here:
If you wish to send us your Subject Access Request, please email:
We aim to respond to you within 8 weeks dependant on complexity of Your request.
Your Right to be Forgotten / Erasure Of Your Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), all individuals have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data (the right to be forgotten) under the following circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws consent.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
- There are some circumstances where the right “to be forgotten” does not apply i.e. where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
If you wish to request your “right to be forgotten” please email:
By continuing to use the Site, you explicitly agree that the Terms and Conditions within this website shall be construed and governed by the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.